Scene clips for March 16
March 15, 2013
The Park City Performing Arts Foundation will host its second annual Saints & Sinners Ball at St. Regis Deer Valley on Saturday, March 16, at 6 p.m. The event is a fundraiser for the PCPAF’s student outreach program and will feature cocktails, dinner, live music by the Soulistics and an auction. Tickets are $175 per person or $1,750 for a table of 10. Please call The Eccles Center box office at 435-655-3114 or purchase tickets online at http://www.ecclescenter.org .
Tumbleweeds Film Festival
The Park City Film Series and the Utah Film Center will present Tumbleweeds Film Festival Screenings on Saturday, March 16, and Sunday, March 17. Saturday will feature a shorts program that will begin at 1 p.m. and a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" adaptation at 3 p.m. and Sunday’s screening of the film "Will," which is about a boy who loves soccer, will begin at 3 p.m. The films are appropriate for children and families. Admission to each screening is $6. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com and http://www.utahfilmcenter.org .
Toastmasters Meeting at the Sheldon Richins Building
The Park City Toastmasters meet each Tuesday at 7 a.m. in the Sheldon Richins Building, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., at Kimball Junction. Toastmasters is a powerful tool for helping to develop speaking, listening and leadership skills required for today’s business environment. Guests are always welcome. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitytoastmasters.org .
Community Meeting – New Oakley Farmers Market
Recommended Stories For You
The High Star Ranch, 175 West 280 South in Kamas, will host a community meeting that will discuss the L’Oakley Grown Community Market on Wednesday, March 20, beginning at 6 p.m. These meetings will examine the benefits of the L’Oakley Market and will also recruit farmers, vendors, musicians and volunteers. For more information, visit http://www.loakleymarket.com .
Latino Outreach Scholarship Night
Park City High School, 1750 Kearns Blvd., will host a Latino outreach scholarship night on Wednesday, March 20, from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Representatives from University of Utah, Utah Valley University, Weber State University and SLCC will meet with community members to share information and break down financial barriers for attending college. Nancy Michalko, PCHS scholarship adviser, will explain the FASFA process. Childcare and dinner will be provided. For more information, contact Nancy by emailing email@example.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County