Scene clips for March 2
March 1, 2013
The Park City Performing Arts Foundation will present Cirque Mechanics: "Birdhouse Factor" at the Eccles Center, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, March 2, at 7:30 p.m. Cirque Mechanics Birdhouse Factory is a juggling, clowning, trampoline-ing, tight-rope walking, tango-ing, acrobatic romp. With roots in the mechanical and heart in the story of American ingenuity, nothing can slow this cirque tour de force. Tickets range from $20 to $67 and available by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org . For more information, visit http://www.cirquemechanics.com .
Party Rangers Annual Tube Fest
The Party Rangers, which is the activities wing of the nonprofit organization PC Teen, will host its annual Tube Fest at Gorgoza Park, 3863 W. Kilby Road at Parley’s Summit, on Saturday, March 2, from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. The event is open to all high school students. The cost is $5 if they text "Rangers" to 25827. For more information, visit http://www.pcteen.org.
Park City Culinary Institute
Learn how to balance taste, texture, appearance and color using seasonal ingredients under the direction of Chef Roy Yamamoto. Yamamoto Sensei will be demonstrating Kaiseki, a series of small Japanese dishes beginning at 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, at Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct. Seats are limited. For reservations, call (435) 659-5075 or visit http://www.PCCulinary.com
Art Talk at the Kimball Art Center
Recommended Stories For You
The Kimball Art Center, 638 Park Ave., will host the March Art Talk featuring Virginia Pearce and Patrick Hubley of he Utah Film Center, on Wednesday, March 6, from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. Admission is free. Pearce is the director of community programs of Sky Hop, a youth and media education organization based in Salt Lake. Hubley is the artistic director of the Utah Film Center. They will give a presentation called "Filmmaking and the Art of Youth." For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org.
Dr. Mark Hyman "Boost Your Brain" at Temple Har Shalom
Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct., will welcome best-selling author and speaker Dr. Mark Hyman at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6. Hyman will present "Expand Your Brain, Shrink Your Belly: The Secrets to Boosting Your Brain Power, Losing Fat and Staying Healthy for Life." The event will be hosted by the Christian Center of Park City, Jewish Family Services, LIVEwell Center and the People’s Health Clinic. For more information, visit peopleshealthclinic.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers