Scene clips for March 22
March 21, 2014
On Saturday, March 22, the Utah Symphony will offer a locals’ only sale for tickets to the Deer Valley Music Festival. Tickets will only be available for purchase in person at the Park City Visitors Information Center, 1794 Olympic Parkway at Kimball Junction, between 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Summit County residents can save 20 percent on all general admission tickets and will also have the opportunity to buy reserved seats before they go on sale to the general public. To receive the discount, residents must present a valid Summit County I.D. or show a current utility bill. The Deer Valley Music Festival will run from July 4 through Aug. 9. For more information, visit deervalleymusicfestival.org/locals.
Spring Grüv at Canyons
Canyons will present the annual Spring Grüv from March 22-23, 26, and 29-30. Activities will include Jibbin’ for Juniors on March 22-23; pond skimming and concerts by Steel Pulse and Cody ChesnuTT on March 22; The Magic Beans concert on March 23; will include meet the avalanche dogs on March 26; Ski Lay for Life and concerts by Brett Dennen and Ryan Montbleau on March 29; The Youth Sports Alliance Farewell to Winter Benefit and concerts by the Mother Hips and Holy Water Buffalo. For more information, visit http://www.canyons.com .
Woman’s Athenaeum Club: Operation Smile
Woman’s Athenaeum Club is currently hosting a drive for supplies for Operation Smile, a program that offers free surgeries to correct cleft lips or cleft palates for impoverished children in 60 countries. The public is invited to an informational meeting at the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., on Tuesday, March 25, from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., to learn how to help. Guest speakers will be Dr. Faizi Siddiqi, chief of pediatric plastic/craniofacial surgery, and his associates Barbu Cociman and Christina Pignatelli. For more information and to RSVP contact Marilyn 435-602-6274 or email@example.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Utah Symphony Chamber Concert features music from different eras
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide