Scene clips for March 27
March 26, 2013
Dance Tech Studios will present Dancers with a Purpose, a concert that will benefit the National Ability Center, at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., on Wednesday, March 27, at 6 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Admission is $10. For more information, call Dance Tech Studios at (435) 655-9213.
‘Bottle Shock’ Screening with the Park City Wine Club
The Park City Wine Club will host a screening of "Bottle Shock" at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., on Thursday, March 28, at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10. Tickets can be purchased by visiting http://www.parkcityshows.com. For more information about the Park City Wine Club, visit http://www.parkcitywineclub.com.
Monthly Gallery Stroll
On the last Friday of each month, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m., members of the Park City Gallery Association offer a unique monthly showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits and art events. The March stroll, which will be held Friday, March 29, is a free event that gives residents and Park City visitors alike the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments while exploring Park City’s exciting art scene. Please visit any of the participating galleries to pick up a free gallery guide. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitygalleryassociation.com .
Park City Film Series: ‘Sound City’
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Film Series will present Dave Grohl’s documentary "Sound City," not rated, on Friday, March 29 through Sunday, March 31, at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave. The Friday and Saturday screenings will begin at 8 p.m. Sunday’s screening will start at 6 p.m. Featuring interviews and performances from the iconic musicians who recorded some of rock’s greatest albums at the studio, Sound City doesn’t just tell the story of this real-life rock ‘n’ roll shrine, it celebrates the human element of music as Grohl gathers some of rock’s biggest names to collaborate on a new album. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com .
Spring Celebration and Egg Hunt
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center St. at Kimball Junction, will host a free spring celebration and egg hunt, presented by Park City Moms, on Saturday, March 30, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. The egg hunt at the Newpark plaza will begin at 11 a.m., and a geo-cache egg hunt inside the EcoCenter will begin at 11:15 a.m. Other activities will include egg dyeing, face painting, bounce houses and crafts. For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County