Scene clips for March 30
March 29, 2013
Award-winning blues vocalist Janiva Magness will perform at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., on Saturday, March 30, at 8 p.m. The singer received the B.B. King Entertainer of the Year in 2009 and was nominated as one of the 2012 Contemporary Blues Female Artists of the Year by the Blues Music Awards. Tickets range from $15 to $25 and available at http://www.parkcityshows.com.
Spring Celebration and Egg Hunt
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center St. at Kimball Junction, will host a free spring celebration and egg hunt on Saturday, March 30, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. The egg hunt at the Newpark plaza will begin at 11 a.m., and a geo-cache egg hunt inside the EcoCenter will begin at 11:15 a.m. Other activities will include egg dyeing, face painting, bounce houses and crafts. For more information, visit http://www.swanerecocenter.org
TEDxChange at the Eccles Center
TEDxChange 2013 is coming to Park City’s Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd., on Wednesday, April 3, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The theme for this year is "Positive Disruption." Melinda Gates of the Gates Foundation will host the live stream from Seattle, Wash., and an array of local Park City speakers will round out the discussion. The TEDxChange event, which includes lunch, is free to Park City Performing Arts Foundation members. PCPAF membership may be renewed or purchased for $25 by calling (435) 655-3114 or by visiting http://www.ecclescenter.org . Please RSVP to the Park City Performing Arts Foundation staff at (435) 655-3114 by April 1.
Tips and Tricks at McMillen Fine Art Photography
Recommended Stories For You
McMillen Fine Art Photography, 1678 W. Redstone Center Dr. #120, will host at Tips and Tricks Tuesday on Tuesday, April 2, at 7 p.m. The upcoming session will preview some new photos that will be processed through a computer for display. The workshop is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://mcmillenfineart.smugmug.com
Image Reborn Foundation Jewelry Trunk Show
Image Reborn Foundation will present a pre-Mother’s Day Jewelry Trunk Show presented by Nina Arlook, a 14 year breast cancer survivor at Park Meadows Country Club on Thursday, April 11, from 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. The event will feature appetizers, a cash bar and fun Stella & Dot Jewelry will also be part of the exhibit. Admission is free and proceeds from the jewelry sales will benefit the Image Reborn Foundation. For more information on the Pre-Mother’s Day Jewelry Trunk Show, contact Julie Bernhard at (435) 640-5119 or email@example.com
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Park City Museum looks at the real and imagined Manifest Destiny
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space