Scene clips for March 5
March 4, 2014
The Wasatch Backcountry Alliance will present the Backcountry Film Festival at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., on Thursday, March 6. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased by visiting http://www.wasatchbackcountryalliance.org or at the door.
Paralympic Opening Ceremony Party
The National Ability Center, 1000 Ability Way at Quinn’s Junction, will host a Paralympic Opening Ceremony party on Thursday, March 6, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Participants are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite country’s colors or as their favorite athletes. Food and beverages will be served. For more information, visit http://www.discovernac.org .
Red, White and Snow Fundraiser for the National Ability Center
The annual Red, White and Snow fundraiser for the National Ability Center will be held at various venues in Park City from Thursday, March 6, through Saturday, March 8. The event will feature wine seminars at the Stein Eriksen Lodge on Thursday, vintner dinners in private homes and local restaurants, lunch at St. Regis Deer Valley on Friday and a gala auction and after-party celebration at the Montage Deer Valley on Saturday. To purchase tickets, visit http://www.redwhiteandsnow.org or call 435-649-3991.
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Recommended Stories For You
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee on Wednesday, March 12, at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. The speaker will be Tom Clyde, who has been part of the creative team behind the Park City Follies since the inception. The Park City Follies is an annual spring production that pokes fun at Park City. Clyde will provide us a "behind the scenes" peek at the upcoming production. Lunch will follow at Good Thymes located at Kimball Junction. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Free ukulele lessons harmonize with Park City Library’s check-out program (w/ video)
- Free Park City Museum presentation digs into historic mining methods in the Park City District
- Park City Library seeks artists for future exhibits
- Iron Butterfly makes a weekend landing at the Egyptian Theatre
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech