Scene clips for May 1
May 10, 2016
Park City Film Series: ‘Bikes vs. Cars’
Park City Film Series, Park City Municipal and Summit County Transportation will present a free screening of Fredrik Gertten’s "Bikes vs. Cars," not rated, at the Park City Library’s Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., on Wednesday, May 11, at 7 p.m. From bike activists in Sao Paulo and Los Angeles fighting for safe bike lanes, to the city of Copenhagen, where forty percent commute by bike daily, "Bikes vs. Cars" looks at the struggle for bicyclists in a society dominated by cars, and the revolutionary changes that could take place if more cities moved away from car-centric models. A pre-film Active Transportation Fair, featuring bike related door prizes will begin at 6 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will hold its monthly coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, May 11, at 10 a.m. Tom Fisher, Summit County Manager, will discuss the county’s future plans and development, including transportation, future sites, and road issues. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org.
Connect Brain Storm Film Series: ‘Dark Side of the Full Moon’
Connect and Park City Film Series will present a free screening of Maureen Fura’s "Dark Side of the Full Moon," not rated, at the Park City Library’s Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., on Thursday, May 12, at 7 p.m. "Dark Side of the Full Moon" delves into the unseen world of maternal mental health in the U.S. It will uncover the disconnect within the medical community to effectively screen, refer and treat the 1.3 million mothers affected each year, giving a face and voice to the countless women who have suffered in silence. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Pride in Your Park
Recycle Utah will sponsor Pride in Your Park, a community clean-up day, on Saturday, May 14. The day will start at 8 a.m. at the Wasatch Brew Pub, 250 Main St., with a free continental breakfast. Check in is a 9 a.m. For more information, contact Recycle Utah at 435-649-9698 or visit http://www.recycleutah.org.
Understanding Your Complete Self: A Health and Finance Workshop
Edward Jones, 3126 Quarry Road, Suite 4H, will host a workshop featuring Dannielle Bryan, Sinead Urwin, Cindy LoPatriello and Kathleen Barlow, who will discuss how mental health, physical health and financial health work together and the challenges in each area. Seating is limited. Call 435-649-6008 to reserve a space. The event is free.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space