Scene Clips for May 10, 2006
May 10, 2006
The Park City Council is looking for applicants for positions in the Park City Public Art Advisory Board. The Public Art Advisory Board is the group responsible for making recommendations to the Park City Council regarding public art expenditures. The board meets the second Wednesday of each month or as needed. Terms are two years, beginning July 1.
The deadline to apply is May 26. Applications are available in the Park City executive offices at City Hall, in the Park City Library or from the Park City Summit County Arts Council. For more information about service on the Art Advisory Board, contact Kathy Hunter at the Arts Council at 647-9747 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utah Arts Council to meet in Park City
The Utah Arts Council is coming to Park City. The state agency, which is dedicated to promoting the arts in Utah, will hold a town meeting in the Miners Hospital on Tuesday, May 23 at 7 p.m. to discuss arts and cultural opportunities in the area.
The Arts Council is holding town meetings across the state in a "listening tour" to assist in the development of its five-year strategic plan. The tour offers the public an opportunity to collect public input on Utah’s arts and cultural interests. The Park City town meeting is presented in conjunction with the Park City Summit County Arts Council. For more information about the event, contact Lynnette Hiskey at (801) 236-7552.
Recommended Stories For You
Friends Wasatch Mountain Park to host annual garage sale
The Friends of the Wasatch Mountain State Park will hold their annual garage sale and fundraiser Saturday, June 3 at 8 a.m. at the Wasatch State Park visitor center, located at 1281 Warm Spring Road in Midway. All proceeds will go toward improvement projects at the state park. For directions or more information, call (435) 654-1791.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Teresa Collins hosting Park City crafting event to “help create stories”
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?