Scene Clips for May 13, 2006
May 13, 2006
This Memorial Day weekend, The SHOP Yoga Studio will host an event for the community. Saturday, May 27, the studio will host a community yard sale at its location at 1167 Woodside Avenue.
The event, the Treasures and Trash Community Yard Sale, will begin at 8 a.m. Park City residents are invited to buy, sell and shop while they enjoy free donuts and coffee, and at the end of the day, items can be left for donation to local charities.
To sell items, call 649-9339 to reserve a space. Shoppers simply need to show up. For more information, call or visit http://www.parkcityyoga.com/trash_treasure.html.
Park City Children’s Fair announced
The 13th annual Park City Children’s Fair, hosted by Soaring Wings Montessori School, will be held Sunday, June 4 in Park City’s City Park from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will run rain or shine and will include a rummage sale, live music, food, games, prizes and exhibits by organizations like HawkWatch, the U.S. Forest Service and the Park City Fire Department.
Recommended Stories For You
All proceeds from the event will benefit local and global charities that support children and the environment. For more information, call 640-4858.
New Reel Film Comp runs through Sunday
The New Reel Short Film Competition, presented by the Park City Film Series, will run at the Jim Santy Auditorium through Sunday, May 14, with screenings beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday and at 6 p.m. Sunday. The event will feature local filmmakers and is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Mountain Town Stages cancels bands battle
Due to a scheduling conflict, Mountain Town Stages has canceled its Battle of the Bands, which was previously scheduled for Saturday, May 20. No make-up date has been announced. For more information, visit http://www.mountaintownstages.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Park City Paralympic skier Danelle Umstead to compete on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Scarecrow Festival ushers in the Halloween season
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City police say medical marijuana found on trail
- Guest editorial: Frustration about rising taxes in Park City is building
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits