Scene clips for May 25
May 24, 2016
‘A Brave Heart’ Free Screening
The Park City Film Series, Park City Community Foundation’s Women’s Giving Fund and United Against Bullying Coalition will host a free screening of Sara Hirsh Bordo’s documentary "A Brave Heart: The Lizzie Velasquez Story," not rated, at the Park City Library’s Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., on Wednesday, May 25, at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit wwwparkcityfilmseries.com.
Latino Art Festival at the Christian Center
The Christian Center of Park City, 1283 Deer Valley Dr., will present the first annual Latino Art Festival on Thursday, May 26. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 435-649-2260, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.ccofpc.org.
Dumpster Days at Recycle Utah
Recycle Utah, 1951 Woodbine Way, will host Dumpster Days on May 27 and May 28, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. The public is invited to bring non-recyclable waste and green waste for free disposal. Dumpster Days will be held the last consecutive Fridays and Saturdays of the month through October. For more information, call 435-649-9698 or visit http://www.recycleutah.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Park City Gallery Association Gallery Stroll
On the last Friday of each month, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m., members of the Park City Art Gallery Association offer a free, unique showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits and art events. This month’s stroll, which will be held Friday, May 27, gives residents and Park City visitors the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments while exploring Park City’s exciting art scene. Visit any of the participating galleries to pick up a free gallery guide. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitygalleryassociation.com .
Community Yard Sale at Mountain Life Church
Mountain Life Church, 7375 N. Silver Creek Rd., will host a community yard sale on Saturday, May 28, from 8 a.m. until noon. The sale will benefit a team going to South Africa who will be training teachers and celebrate recovery leaders from the Cape Town townships.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Mamma Mia!, Birds of Chicago, Pink Park City
- Breast Cancer Support Group heads Haum for meditation session
- Birds of Chicago land in Park City to spread ‘Love in Wartime’
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum