Scene Clips for May 27, 2006
May 27, 2006
The Kimball Art Center will present, "It’s Not Your Grandmother’s Quilt!" from June 3 July 23. The Nationally acclaimed Front Range Contemporary Quilters will exhibit more than 40 innovative quilts that are meant to be hung on walls.
New Orleans Jazz coming to Park City
In support of the Park City Jazz foundation and those musicians most affected by Hurricane Katrina, Promontory and LINKS Magazine present "A Golf and Jazz Affair" June 16-17. It will be an evening of cocktail jazz receptions and concerts performed by musicians from New Orleans on the Pete Dye Canyon Golf Course.
Theatre presents: "The Music Man"
The Timpanogos Valley Theater Company will present the classic comedy, "The Music Man." It is a look at small-town life in River City, Iowa during 1912; a period of optimism, patriotism and a strong sense of community. Show dates are June 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19 at the Wasatch High School theatre. Shows start at 7 p.m. For information and tickets, call (435) 654-6406.
Auditions for Halloween show
Recommended Stories For You
The Egyptian Theatre Company will hold auditions for the Halloween production, "Wiley and the Hairy Man." Auditions will be held June 7, Wednesday, 4 to 6:30 p.m. and June 10, Saturday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Egyptian Theatre Company, 328 Main Street. Please call the theatre for an audition time or for more information, (435) 649-9371.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City Films to screen Oscar short film nominees
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)