Scene clips for May 7
May 6, 2016
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Recycle Utah will host its free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day at Canyons Cabriolet parking lot on Saturday, May 7, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. The nonprofit will accept paints, fertilizers, batteries and solvents, but not refrigerators, nor car tires. For more information on what is and isn’t accepted, please call Recycle Utah at 435-649-9698.
Brain Storm Film Festival: ‘Touched with Fire’
The Brain Storm Film Festival and the Park City Film Series will present Paul Dalio’s "Touched with Fire," rated R, at the Park City Library’s Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., on Sunday, May 8, at 6 p.m. "Touched with Fire" is about two bipolar patients who meet in a psychiatric hospital and begin a romance that brings out all of the beauty and difficulty of their condition. The film is marked by the powerful performances of Katie Holmes and Luke Kirby. Writer-director Dalio has firsthand experience with bipolar disorder, and his perspective sheds light on the unique ways in which these challenged individuals experience love and creativity. Dalio will give a Q & A after the screening. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for students and senior citizens. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com .
Tadasana Yoga Series
Tadasana Yoga, 3156 Quarry Rd., at Jeremy Ranch, will continue its workshop series through Friday, May 27. The sessions will be based on Baron Baptiste’s book, "40 Days to Personal Revolution: A Breakthrough Program to Radically Change Your Body and Awaken the Sacred Within Your Soul." The class will meet Mondays at 6:55 p.m. For more information, visit hotyogaparkcity.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Meet the Doulas
Meet Utah Doulas hosts monthly socials at the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave. This month’s event will be held on Tuesday, May 10, from 6:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The event is free for couples and mothers looking for a doula to help with an upcoming birth. The event will feature giveaways, education and refreshments. For more information, visit http://www.BeautifulBirthDoulas.com.
Newcomers of Greater Park City Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will hold its monthly coffee at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, on Wednesday, May 11, at 10 a.m. Tom Fisher, Summit County Manager, will discuss the county’s future plans and development, including transportation, future sites, and road issues. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space