Scene clips for Nov. 11
November 10, 2015
Newcomers of Greater Park City Monthly Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee on Wednesday, Nov. 11, at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, at 10 a.m. Wade Carpenter and Justine Martinez will discuss safety and law enforcement practices. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org.
Project for Deeper Understanding: ‘The Decline of Organized Religion in the West’
The Project for Deeper Understanding will present a public forum, "The Decline of Organized Religion in the West: What Does the Future Hold?" at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 4594 N. Silver Springs Dr., on Thursday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. The free discussion will address the reasons why organized religion is in decline and how religious communities can respond. The discussion will include a panel featuring University professors and former and current members of churches. For more information, call 435-901-2131.
Peace House’s Bling Fling
Peace House’s Bling Fling will be Friday, Nov. 13, and Saturday, Nov. 14, at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224. Friday’s hours are 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Saturday’s hours will run from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Admission is $5. For more information about Bling Fling and if you would like to volunteer for the event, please contact Ann Johnson at (435) 658-4739, ext. 104.
Recommended Stories For You
Giving a Bleep: The Show
Giving a Bleep, a nonprofit organization, will present Giving a Bleep: The Show at the Prospector Theater, 2175 Sidewinder Dr., on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 13 and 14, at 7:30 p.m. The show, which lampoons Park City, raises money for all local nonprofits. Tickets are on sale now by visiting http://www.givingableep.com . Ticket buyers can name their own price.
Park City High School’s Interact Club Food Drive
On Friday, Nov. 13, Park City High School’s Interact Club will collect nonperishable goods for their annual scavenger hunt food drive. The club is asking residents to leave nonperishable goods on their doorsteps on Friday evening. All items will be donated to the Christian Center.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Mamma Mia!, Birds of Chicago, Pink Park City
- Birds of Chicago land in Park City to spread ‘Love in Wartime’
- Breast Cancer Support Group heads Haum for meditation session
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum