Scene clips for Nov. 14
November 13, 2015
The Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company at the Egyptian Theatre
The Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., will present the Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company on Saturday, Nov. 14, at 8 p.m. The award-winning contemporary company is one of Utah’s oldest dance organizations. Under the direction of Daniel Charon, dancers will present three works: Charon’s "Construct," Miguel Ascue’s "You and the Space Between" and Doug Varone’s "States Rendered." Tickets range from $19 to $29 and are available by visiting http://www.parkcityshows.com .
The 10th Annual Filmmaker’s Showcase: ‘Peace Officer’
The 10th Annual Filmmaker’s Showcase will present a free screening of Brad Barber and Scott Christopherson’s documentary "Peace Officer," not rated, at the Jim Santy Auditorium of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., on Sunday, Nov. 15. "Peace Officer" is a documentary about the increasingly militarized state of American police as told through the story of ‘Dub’ Lawrence, a former sheriff who established and trained his rural state’s first SWAT team only to see that same unit kill his son-in-law in a controversial standoff 30 years later. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
Park City Wine Club: Wine, Cheese and Change
The Park City Wine Club will present Wine, Cheese and Change at St. Regis Deer Valley on Friday, Nov. 20, at 5:30 p.m. The event, a benefit for Quarters for Change, a nonprofit that provides shoes for children, will feature a selection of cheeses and meats presented by Darcy Swedish-McKay, the cheesemonger from The Market Park City. The cost is $40 for Park City Wine Club members and $50 for guests. Reservations can be made by visiting http://www.parkcitywineclub.com. All participants must be 21 or older.
Recommended Stories For You
Park City Dance Club
The Park City Dance Club, part of the BallroomUtah Dance Studio, hosts social dance classes every Wednesday at Park City Dance Academy, 6554 N. Creekside Ln., at 7 p.m. For more information, call (801) 792-3082.
Annual Gathering of Barbaras
The Annual Gathering of Barbaras will be held on Dec. 9, at the Jeremy Golf and Country Club, 8770 Jeremy Rd., at 7 p.m. All local residents named Barbara are invited for an evening of laughter, good food and conversation and a short history lesson. For more information, or to RSVP, contact Barbara Maben at 435-649-3778 , 435-640-9756 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 5.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Mamma Mia!, Birds of Chicago, Pink Park City
- Birds of Chicago land in Park City to spread ‘Love in Wartime’
- Breast Cancer Support Group heads Haum for meditation session
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum