Scene clips for Nov. 18
November 17, 2015
Park City and Canyons Opens
Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons will open for their winter season on Saturday, Nov. 21. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com or call 435-649-8111 for more information.
Holiday Zumba and Bazaar at Temple Har Shalom
Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct., will host its second annual Holiday Zumba and Bazaar fundraiser for Jewish Family Services on Wednesday, Nov. 18, from 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. The evening will feature opportunity drawings for items crafted by various vendors. Refreshments will be served. $25 suggested donation. Pay at the door or pre-register online by visiting http://bit.ly/20S47xw . For more information, visit http://www.jfsutah.org .
5Point Film Festival
The 5Point Film Festival will screen an array of short films at the Park City Library’s Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., on Thursday, Nov. 19, at 7 p.m. The films, which span across all outdoor and adventure topics are designed to inspire viewers to pursue their own interests. Food, beer and wine will be available for sale before the show. There will be Q & A sessions throughout the evening with film makers and film-related artists and opportunity drawings featuring prizes from Salomon, Cole Sport, El Chubasco, SnoCru and much more. Advance tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children. Tickets purchased at the door will be $15. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Recommended Stories For You
St. Mary’s Holiday Boutique
St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 1505 White Pine Canyon Rd., will wrap up its 17th annual holiday boutique from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21, and Sunday, Nov. 22. The event will feature more than 60 vendors who will offer a variety of handmade and one-of-a-kind items for sale. A $2 donation is suggested for admission. All proceeds are used to support an emergency assistance fund at St. Mary’s.
Chris Proctor at Riffs Acoustic Music
Riffs Acoustic Music, 1205 Iron Horse Dr., will present fingerstyle champion Chris Proctor for this month’s Full Moon Concert on Saturday, Nov. 21. Proctor will host a musicians workshop at 3 p.m. and perform a concert at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 for the concert, $40 for the workshop or $50 for both. For more information, call 435-647-1940 or visit http://www.riffspc.com .
Last Table for Twelve of the Year
The Fox School of Wine will present its last Table for Twelve tasting at the Market Park City, 1500 Snow Creek Dr., on Thursday, Nov. 18, at 6:30 p.m. The theme will be English Holiday Traditions and will feature English cheeses and wines of the time. Reservations are mandatory and they can be made by visiting http://www.foxschoolofwine.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Mamma Mia!, Birds of Chicago, Pink Park City
- Birds of Chicago land in Park City to spread ‘Love in Wartime’
- Breast Cancer Support Group heads Haum for meditation session
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum