Scene clips for Nov. 22-25, 2014
November 21, 2014
All Summit County Libraries Close Early on Nov. 26
All Summit County Library Branches — Summit County, Kamas and Coalville — will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 26, and will remain closed until Saturday, Nov. 29. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org.
St. Mary’s Holiday Boutique
St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 1505 White Pine Canyon Road, will host a holiday boutique on Saturday, Nov. 22, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The event will feature unique, hand-crafted items. Lunch will also be for sale. Admission is a $2 donation at the door. For more information, visit http://www.stmarysparkcity.com .
Cupsgiving for Families
The Kimball Art Center, 638 Park Ave., will host a cupsgiving event for families on Saturday, Nov. 22, from 12:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. The event will feature pottery wheel demonstrations, public clay throwing and hand-making activities. Families are invited to bring a handmade ceramic cup or mug for exchange. Cups and mugs will also be available for purchase. Admission is $5 and free for Kimball Art Center members. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Park City High School’s ‘The Little Shop of Horrors’
Park City High School’s production of "The Little Shop of Horrors" runs through Saturday, Nov. 22. Evening curtain is 7 p.m. There will also be a Saturday matinee at 2 p.m. Tickets are $7 for general admission and $5 for students at the door.
Friends of the Summit County Library Scholastic Sale
The Friends of the Summit County Library will host the annual half-price Scholastic book sale at the Kimball Junction Branch, 6505 Landmark Dr., Suite 100, through Sunday, Nov. 23. The book sale will run from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. The event is open to the public. For more information, call 435-615-3900 or 800-310-5464.
No Park City Dance Club on Nov. 26
Park City Dance Club will not meet on Wednesday, Nov. 26, but will reconvene on Wednesday, Dec. 3, at 8:15 p.m. until 9:15 p.m. The club is the Summit County arm of BallroomUtah in Salt Lake City. Beginners are welcome. These two four-week sessions will concentrate on what is known as the rhythm dances, or Latin dances. For more information, call 801-792-3082.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- Park City Museum looks at the real and imagined Manifest Destiny
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading
- Summit County opens park-and-ride lot across from Ecker Hill Middle School
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence