Scene clips for Nov. 22-25, 2014
November 21, 2014
All Summit County Libraries Close Early on Nov. 26
All Summit County Library Branches — Summit County, Kamas and Coalville — will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 26, and will remain closed until Saturday, Nov. 29. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org.
St. Mary’s Holiday Boutique
St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 1505 White Pine Canyon Road, will host a holiday boutique on Saturday, Nov. 22, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The event will feature unique, hand-crafted items. Lunch will also be for sale. Admission is a $2 donation at the door. For more information, visit http://www.stmarysparkcity.com .
Cupsgiving for Families
The Kimball Art Center, 638 Park Ave., will host a cupsgiving event for families on Saturday, Nov. 22, from 12:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. The event will feature pottery wheel demonstrations, public clay throwing and hand-making activities. Families are invited to bring a handmade ceramic cup or mug for exchange. Cups and mugs will also be available for purchase. Admission is $5 and free for Kimball Art Center members. For more information, visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Park City High School’s ‘The Little Shop of Horrors’
Park City High School’s production of "The Little Shop of Horrors" runs through Saturday, Nov. 22. Evening curtain is 7 p.m. There will also be a Saturday matinee at 2 p.m. Tickets are $7 for general admission and $5 for students at the door.
Friends of the Summit County Library Scholastic Sale
The Friends of the Summit County Library will host the annual half-price Scholastic book sale at the Kimball Junction Branch, 6505 Landmark Dr., Suite 100, through Sunday, Nov. 23. The book sale will run from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. The event is open to the public. For more information, call 435-615-3900 or 800-310-5464.
No Park City Dance Club on Nov. 26
Park City Dance Club will not meet on Wednesday, Nov. 26, but will reconvene on Wednesday, Dec. 3, at 8:15 p.m. until 9:15 p.m. The club is the Summit County arm of BallroomUtah in Salt Lake City. Beginners are welcome. These two four-week sessions will concentrate on what is known as the rhythm dances, or Latin dances. For more information, call 801-792-3082.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Utah Symphony Chamber Concert features music from different eras
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide