Scene clips for Nov. 26-28, 2014
November 25, 2014
All Summit County Libraries Close Early
All Summit County Library Branches — Summit County, Kamas and Coalville — will close at 3 p.m. and will remain closed until Saturday, Nov. 29. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org .
Park City Library Closed
The Park City Library, temporarily located at Miners Hospital, 1354 Park Ave., will be closed Thursday, Nov. 27, in observance of Thanksgiving. The library will reopen Friday, Nov. 28. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitylibrary.org.
No Park City Dance Club on Nov. 26
Park City Dance Club will not meet on Wednesday, Nov. 26, but will reconvene on Wednesday, Dec. 3, from 8:15 p.m. until 9:15 p.m. The club is the Summit County arm of BallroomUtah in Salt Lake City. Beginners are welcome. These two four-week sessions will concentrate on what is known as the rhythm dances, or Latin dances. For more information, call 801-792-3082.
Recommended Stories For You
Park City Gallery Association Gallery Stroll
On the last Friday of each month, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m., members of the Park City Art Gallery Association offer a free, unique showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits and art events. This month’s stroll, which will be held Friday, Nov. 28, gives residents and Park City visitors the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments while exploring Park City’s exciting art scene. Visit any of the participating galleries to pick up a free gallery guide. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitygalleryassociation.com .
Main Street Electric Parade
Historic Park City Alliance’s annual Main Street Electric Parade will be on Saturday, Nov. 29, beginning at 6 p.m. at City Park. The parade, which will feature a carnival of glittering cars, trucks, trolleys, bicycles and other creative vehicles that celebrate the kickoff of the holiday season in Park City, will hit Main Street about 6:15 p.m. There is no entry fee to participate, but participants must register by Nov. 28 by emailing Meisha Lawson at email@example.com .
Road 31 Wine Dinner at the Silver Star Cafe
The Silver Star Café, 1825 Three Kings Dr., will host a Road 31 Dinner social on Tuesday, Dec. 2, at 6:30 p.m. The event will feature local cheeses and sparkling wine and an array of dinner entrees paired with various wines from winemaker Kent Fortner of Road 31. Fortner will also give a presentation about winemaking. The cost is $75 plus tax and gratuity per person. For more information, call 435-655-3456.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Irish pub inspired Alicia Stockman’s new single, ‘The Porter House’
- Park City can pay a call on ‘The Addams Family’ at Egyptian Theatre
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb