Scene clips for Nov. 4
November 4, 2015
Dolly’s Book Club: ‘The Little Paris Bookshop’
Dolly’s Bookstore, 510 Main St., will restart its book club on Wednesday, Nov. 4, at 6:30 p.m. The book will be Nina George’s "The Little Paris Bookshop." Book club members/attendees get 10 percent off of Dolly’s selected titles for the month. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/events/620030748136053 .
Green River Outreach Wilderness Overview
The director of Camp GROW (Green River Outreach for Wilderness) will present an overview and answer questions on Thursday, Nov. 5, at the the Summit County Library – Kimball Junction, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., at 5:30 p.m. The camp is for ages 8 to 16 and runs separate sessions for girls and boys. Visit http://www.facebook.com/greenriverfoundation for more information.
Park City Ski Swap
The Park City Ski Swap will be held at the Basin Recreation Fieldhouse, 1388 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, from Friday, Nov. 6, to Sunday, Nov. 8. Friday hours are from 8 p.m. until 1 a.m. Saturday hours are from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Sunday’s hours are from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Admission for Friday is $10. Admission for Saturday is $5 and admission for Sunday is $2. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityskiswap.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Egyptian Theatre’s First Winter Blast
The Egyptian Theatre will host the First Winter Blast at the Montage Deer Valley on Saturday, Nov. 7, at 5 p.m. The entertainment of the evening will be Too Slim & the Taildraggers. The gala fundraiser will feature a five-course dinner and a silent auction. Tickets are $250 per person or $2,250 for a table of 10. To register, visit http://www.egyptiantheatrecompany.org .
Newcomers of Greater Park City Monthly Coffee
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee on Wednesday, Nov. 11, at Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, at 10 a.m. Wade Carpenter and Justine Martinez will discuss safety and law enforcement practices. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org.
Kamas Valley Chorus
The Kamas Valley Chorus, directed by Geri Gibbs, will start rehearsals on Sunday, Nov. 8, South Summit Middle School, 355 E. 300 South in Kamas, at 6 p.m. The chorus will rehearse for its upcoming Kamas Valley Community Christmas Program, "Christmas Around the World" that will feature choir and orchestra at South Summit High School on Sunday, Dec. 13. For more information, call contact Geri Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Father and son of ‘Beautiful Boy’ to tell their story in Park City
- What do to in Park City this weekend: holiday concerts, art shows and Bob Woodward
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award
- The public can see Art Elevated at the Swaner EcoCenter
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January