Scene clips for Nov. 8-11, 2014
November 7, 2014
The 9th Annual Filmmakers Showcase
The 9th annual Filmmakers Showcase will be presented at the Park City Marriott, 1895 Sidewinder Dr., through Sunday, Nov. 9. Saturday’s screenings will begin at 8 p.m. and Sunday’s screenings will begin at 6 p.m. The showcase will feature free screenings of short films by Utah filmmakers, photographers and multimedia artists. Every night will feature a panel discussion after the screenings. The Filmmakers Showcase is presented as part of the Park City Film Series’ Reel Community Series. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
Giving a Bleep
Giving a Bleep will present "Giving a Bleep: the Show" at the Prospector Theater, 2175 Sidewinder Dr., through Saturday, Nov. 8, and Friday, Nov. 14, and Saturday, Nov. 15, at 8 p.m. The performance pokes fun at the quirkiness of Park City and its residents. Tickets are $25 and available by visiting http://www.givingableep.com . Proceeds will benefit all Park City-area nonprofit organizations.
Jeremy Ranch Veterans Day Program
Jeremy Ranch Elementary School, 3050 Rasmussen Rd., will present a school-wide Veterans Day assembly program from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m. An additional program presented by fifth graders will be presented at 6 p.m. The performances will include American favorites such as, "God Bless America," "America, the Beautiful," "The Star-Spangled Banner" and more.
Recommended Stories For You
‘What Happened to Park City’s Buffalo Herd?’
The Park City Museum, 528 Main St., will host historian Will Bagley as he presents "What Happened to Park City’s Buffalo Herd?" on Tuesday, Nov. 11, from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org .
Newcomers of Greater Park City
Newcomers of Greater Park City will host its monthly coffee on Wednesday Nov. 12, at the Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. The guest speaker will be Hugh Daniels, Park City’s emergency program manager. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Christopher Hawley looks forward to his annual gig at the Access Film Music Festival
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion
- Longtime employee purchases Main Street’s Norsk Leather & Fur Inc.
- Park City drivers: Brake, but do not swerve, to avoid wildlife