Scene clips for Oct. 24
October 23, 2015
Volunteers Needed for Adopt-a-Native Elder Rug Show
Adopt-a-Native Elder need volunteers for its annual Navajo Rug Show and Sale that will be held Nov. 6 to Nov. 8. There will be a volunteer meeting on Thursday, Oct. 29, at Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224, at 5:30 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.anelder.org
ARToberFEST Kimball Art Center Grand Opening
The Kimball Art Center will celebrate ARToberFest grand opening at its new location, 1401 Kearns Blvd., on Saturday, Oct. 24, from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. The free event will feature live music, childrens’ arts and crafts, building and exhibit tours. The event, which also marks the opening of the Jordan D. Schnitzer’s Picturing the Iconic exhibit that will run through Jan. 3. For more information visit http://www.kimballartcenter.org .
Eighth Annual Monster Ball
Basin Recreation will host the Eighth Annual Monster Ball at the Fieldhouse, 1388 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, on Saturday, Oct. 24, from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. The event is offered to students in grades 7 to 9 and will feature a live DJ, a costume contest and prizes from Ramp Sports, Rossignol and Skullcandy. Tickets are $10 for kids with costumes and $15 for kids without. Tickets can be purchased at the door. For more information, visit http://www.basinrecreation.org or call 435-655-0999.
Recommended Stories For You
Open House Farewell for Pat Sanger
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 4595 Silver Springs Dr., will host an open-house, send off for Pat Drewry Sanger on Sunday, Oct. 25, from noon until 2 p.m. Sanger, an Advanced Practice Psychiatric-Mental Health Registered Nurse and Child/Adolescent Specialist founded Arts-Kids, a nonprofit youth-development program that uses art as a tool to teach children life skills. The open house will honor Sanger’s legacy in the Park City community. The rector of St. Luke’s has set up a special discretionary fund to help with Sanger’s upcoming moving and medical needs, so anyone wanting to contribute, can write a check to St. Luke’s with Sanger’s name in the memo line. For more information, visit http://www.stlukespc.org .
Reel Rock 10 Film Fundraiser
The Reel Rock 10 Film Fundraiser will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 28, at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. The event will benefit the Salt Lake Climbing Alliance, a nonprofit that protects climbing areas in the Wasatch. Celebrating its 10th year, Reel Rock features exclusive premieres of short films by co-founders Sender Films and Big UP Productions that tell the stories of the most exciting vertical action from the past year. For tickets and more information, visit http://www.saltlakeclimbers.org/reel-rock-tickets.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Shawn Colvin celebrates 30 years of ‘Steady On’ in Park City this weekend
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Jack Quist is Jackson Cash in a tribute show to the Man in Black
- Newcomers Club of Greater Park City to celebrate Mardi Gras
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers