Scene clips for Oct. 7
October 6, 2015
Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’
Odyssey Dance Theatre will wrap its three-weekend run at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., through Oct. 11. Thursday, Friday and Saturday performances will begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday’s performance will begin at 6 p.m. The Utah-based, award-winning Halloween-flavored production will include synchronized mass murders, balletic witches and hip-hopping mummies, with many surprises. Thursday ticket-prices range from $19 to $29 and tickets for Friday through Sunday performances range from $23 to $35. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.parkcityshows.com .
Park City Film Series Dual Language Immersion: ‘Landfill Harmonic’
The Park City Film Series Dual Language Immersion Program will present a free screening of Brad Allgood and Graham Townsley’s documentary "Landfill Harmonic," not rated, at the Jim Santy Auditorium of the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., on Saturday, Oct. 10, at 3 p.m. "Landfill Harmonic" follows the Recycled Orchestra of Cateura, a Paraguayan musical youth group of kids who live next to one of South America’s largest landfills. This orchestra plays music from instruments made entirely out of garbage. When their story goes viral, the orchestra is catapulted into the global spotlight. With the guidance of their music director, they must navigate this new world of arenas and sold-out concerts. When a natural disaster devastates their community, the musucians provide a source of hope for the town. The film will be screened in Spanish with English subtitles. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org .
Birds of a Feather: Image Reborn Gala
Image Reborn Foundation, a nonprofit that serves, supports and provides renewal retreats for women with breast cancer, will host a Birds of a Feather gala at Stein Eriksen Lodge, 7700 Stein Way, on Saturday, Oct. 10, at 6 p.m. The event will feature dinner, dancing to the Joe Muscolino Band, auction opportunities, specialty cocktails and entertainment. For more information and tickets, visit http://www.ImageRebornFoundation.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City Films to screen Oscar short film nominees
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)