Scene clips for Saturday, May 6, 2006
May 6, 2006
The Heber Valley Aero Museum reopens Saturday, May 13 for its sixth season. Hours of operation for May are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. The 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday schedule will resume in June and continue through October. The museum is located at Russ McDonald Field in Heber City. Aircraft on display include 1946 Piper J3 Cub, T-28 Trojan, and a Stearman restoration. Historical displays include Women in Aviation, World War II, Commercial Airlines, and much more. Local WWII veterans help staff the exhibit. Admission to the museum is free; donations are appreciated. Call (435) 640-6806 for more information or to be a museum volunteer.
The Heber Valley Aero Museum, along with the Commemorative Air Force, is proud to produce the 2006 Heber Valley Airshow July 8. Sponsors and volunteers are needed for this event. Call (435) 901-8573 to make a donation or to volunteer.
Reel Stories workshop
The Sundance Institute and Spy Hop Productions are teaming up to offer a free workshop to 10 Utah high school students, ages 16-18, interested in making documentary films. The three-week program will teach students to write a script, conduct and interview, design and sequence shots, plan the action, light the scene and run a set.
Students will work in small teams to produce a five-minute documentary film that tells their story. Moviemaking experience is not required. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 12. For more information on how to apply, visit http://www.sundance.org/reelstories
Recommended Stories For You
Local women honored at luncheon
The second annual Courageous, Bold Women Luncheon will be held Saturday, May 20 at 11:30 a.m. at the Park Meadows Country Club. The luncheon will honor Arlene Fine, Mary Parsons and Michelle Simpson for their contribution to the community. The event is open to all; tickets are $20 and space is limited. For tickets or more information, contact Reverend Cheryl Popple at 649-1101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork