Scene clips for Sept. 11
September 10, 2013
The Park City Museum, 528 Main St., will host a new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, Sept. 11, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. The Park City Museum seeks volunteers to help install and take down traveling exhibits, catalog and process collection items, assist in the research library, lead both adult tours and school group programs, and assist as a gallery guide. For more information, call (435) 649-7457 ext. 5102 or email email@example.com.
‘Dear America’ Film Screening
The Park City Film Series will present a special free screening of Bill Couturie’s 1988 documentary "Dear America: Letters Home From Vietnam," rated PG-13 at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., on Thursday, Sept. 12, at 7 p.m. The screening is a collaboration with the Park City Museum’s "Mail Call" exhibit that is on display until Oct. 20. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com .
Adopt-a-Native Elder Rug Show Meeting
Adopt-a-Native Elder will hold a meeting on Thursday, Sept. 12, at the Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224, at 5:30 p.m. The meeting is open to anyone wanting to volunteer at the annual rug show in November. For more information, visit http://www.anelder.org.
Contra Dance at the Historic Rockport Old Church
Recommended Stories For You
The annual autumn contra dance will be held at the Historic Rockport Old Church at Rockport State Park on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 7:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. All dances are taught and dancers rotate partners through each dance so there is no need to bring a partner. Teaching workshop begin at 7:30 p.m. and the dancing will start at 8 p.m. This nonprofit event is sponsored by Utah State Parks, Friends of Rockport Old Church, and Loose Shoes. Admission is $5 per person. Proceeds benefit Friends of Rockport Old Church. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Park City Ducks Banquet at the Swaner EcoCenter
The Swaner EcoCenter will host Park City Ducks Unlimited annual banquet on Saturday, Sept. 14, from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. For more than 65 years, Ducks Unlimited has been restoring, protecting and managing North America’s wetlands and other wildlife habitats. The banquet is its annual fundraiser. For more information, visit http://www.ducks.org/utah.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City Paralympic skier Danelle Umstead to compete on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- Park City Museum cemetery tours will bring town’s historical figures to life
- Life coach will help Park City breast cancer survivors love themselves
- Park City police say medical marijuana found on trail
- Businesses in Summit County face worker shortage
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Editorial: There are no easy fixes to labor shortage in Park City