Scene clips for Sept. 19
September 18, 2015
Utah Arts & Museums Arts Project Grants
The second round of the Utah Arts & Museums arts project grants is now open. The application deadline is Nov. 13. Arts project grants enable organizations and groups, whose primary mission may or may not be arts-based, to develop and provide unique arts opportunities to the community. Note that the grant will be highly competitive as there are limited funds for this grant cycle. The request range is between $500 and $2,000, with a one-to-one cash match. Arts project grants enable organizations and groups, whose primary mission may or may not be arts-based, to develop and provide unique arts opportunities to the community. Grant guidelines are available at: http://heritage.utah.gov/utah-division-of-arts-museums/grants . For assistance, contact the Community Arts Coordinator, at 801-236-7541 .
Canyons Village Closes for the Summer
Canyons Village will close for the summer on Sunday, Sept. 27, to prepare for its winter season. Visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com or call 435-649-8111 for more information.
The Park City Wendy Walk
The Park City Wendy Walk will be hosted by Phyllis Raskin-Hadley at the Barn at Ranch Creek Lane, 4500 N. Ranch Creek Ln., which is located at the end of Old Ranch Road, on Sunday, Sept. 20. The event, which will raise awareness and money for the prevention of a rare and aggressive form of cancer, liposarcoma, will begin at 9:30 a.m. For more information, visit wendywalk.org/wendy-walk-park-city .
Recommended Stories For You
‘Flights and Bites’ with the Park City Wine Club
The Park City Wine Club will present "Flights and Bites" tasting at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, 2001 Park Ave., on Tuesday, Sept. 22, beginning at 6 p.m. The evening will featuring a flight of Zinfandel paired with tasty bites and a couple of added surprises from Ruth’s Chris chefs. Reservations are required and can be made by visiting http://www.parkcitywineclub.com or calling Ruth’s Chris at 435-940-5070 . Callers must mention "Flights & Bites" and the Park City Wine Club when making reservations. The cost is $40. The event is open to members of the public ages 21 and older. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitywineclub.com .
American Contract Bridge League-Sanctioned Duplicate Bridge Mountain Bridge Club holds weekly duplicate games sanctioned by the American Contract Bridge League each Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. at Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct. The games are open to new and experienced duplicate players. The cost is $8. Singles who need a partner can email Mountain Bridge Club at email@example.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide