Scene clips for Sept. 28
September 27, 2013
Volunteers are needed to help with The Science Behind the Magic: Family Science Night at Swaner EcoCenter on Oct. 29. This Harry Potter-themed event will feature science experiments and activities for the whole family. Anyone high-school aged through adult are encouraged to volunteer and dress up as your favorite Harry Potter character while helping visitors with different experiments. For more information, call Katherine Veeder at (435) 797-8942 or email email@example.com .
Community Wildfire Preparedness Fair
The Park City Fire District will host a free community wildfire preparedness fair at the station, 736 Bitner Rd., on Saturday, Sept.28 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Speakers will include Utah Wildland Urban Interface Coordinator Ken Ludwig, Park City Fire Chief Paul Hewitt and Nitro Park CEO Harry Weyandt. The event will also feature children’s activities, food, vendors, a wildland trailer tour and free family preparedness guides. For more information, visit http://www.summitcounty.org.
Kamas Theater Benefit Concert
The Kamas Theater, 30 N. Main, will hold a benefit concert on Sat., Sept. 28, at 7 p.m. Performances will feature vocalists Anthony Buck, Kristie Engar and Tricia Swanson, pianists Becky Alexander and Diana Coleman, actors Ernie Doose and Gerry Graves and puppeteer Mark Pulham. Earl McNeil will emcee the event. Tickets are $10 per person ages 8 and older or $30 per family and can be purchased by visiting kamas-theater.com/benefit-concert.
American Musical and Dramatic Academy at the Utah Conservatory
Recommended Stories For You
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) will hold various workshops at the Utah Conservatory, 4593 Silver Springs Dr., on Saturday, Sept. 28. Group and individual classes will include music, musical theater and acting. For more information, visit http://www.utahconservatory.com.
Ninth Annual Fall Open Barn Days at the Blue Moon Alpaca Ranch
The Blue Moon Aplaca Ranch, 3535 S. 1000 East in Woodland, will host its annual open barn days on Saturday, Sept. 28, and Sunday, Sept. 29, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Yarn and other items will be available for purchase and the alpacas will be out and about. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.bluemoonranch.net/2013annual_fall_open_farm_day.htm .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Supremes founding member Mary Wilson celebrates 60 years in the business
- Public is invited to walk-up to Alzheimer’s prevention party
- Original musical follows the plight of the Lost Boys of Sudan
- MacMaster and Leahy have combined their love of music with their love of family
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat