Scene clips for Sept. 7
September 6, 2013
The Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224, will host a Kenya Urithi Educational Fund Fundraiser and Back to School Carnival on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. The event will feaure food, games, prizes and bounce houses. Proceeds will benefit the Kenya Urithi Educational Fund and will help a group of Park City volunteers travel to Kenya to hold seminars about public health, teach students about science and construct an ecocenter. For more information, call Andrea Solum at (435) 659-1848.
Park City Singers Rehearsals
The Park City Singers will begin rehearsals for their upcoming holiday concerts on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at Park City Community Church from 7:15 p.m. until 9:15 p.m. Rehearsals will be held every Tuesday. For more information, call Debra Cook at the Utah Conservatory at (435) 649-6292.
Wasatch/Summit Employment Services Meeting
The Wasatch/Summit Employment Services Expansion for Adults with Disabilities will hold a meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at Park City High School’s lecture hall, 1750 Kearns Blvd., from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. In a joint effort to offer vocational services for adults with disabilities in Wasatch and Summit counties, the Columbus Community Center (Salt Lake) and National Ability Center have been working with local community members to develop a pilot project in the area. For more information, visit http://www.columbusserves.org.
Newcomer’s Club of Greater Park City Annual Luncheon
Recommended Stories For You
The Newcomers Club of Greater Park City annual luncheon will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 11, at Deer Valley’s Snow Park Lodge, at 11 a.m. The speaker will be KSL-TV news anchor Nadine Wimmer. Tickets are $34 and can be purchased by contacting Anne Frank at (214) 714-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, visit http://www.parkcitynewcomers.org .
Fall New Volunteer Orientation at the Park City Museum
The Park City Museum, 528 Main St., will host a new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, Sept. 11, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. The Park City Museum seeks volunteers to help install and take down traveling exhibits, catalog and process collection items, assist in the research library, lead both adult tours and school group programs, and assist as a gallery guide. For more information, call (435) 649-7457 ext. 5102 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Mitch Davis’ ‘The Stray’ brings filmmaker’s family together
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork