Scene clips for Sept. 7
September 6, 2016
Paralympic Viewing Party at the National Ability Center
The National Ability Center, 1000 Ability Way at Quinn's Junction, will host a Paralympic opening ceremonies viewing party on Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 2 p.m. The event will feature trivia, arts n' crafts, snacks/refreshments and an interactive Paralympic experience. For more information, visit http://www.discovernac.org.
Rug Show Volunteer Meeting
The Adopt-A-Native-Elder Program will hold its 27th annual Rug Show Nov. 11-13 and will hold a general meeting for volunteers at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8 at Park City Community Church, 4501 S.R. 224. Many volunteers are needed to make the event the success it has always been, and the Rug Show is one of the most important ways ANE provides benefits for Elders and their families. For more information call 385-252-0129 or visit http://www.AnElder.org.
FreedOM Fitness Festival
The second annual FreedOM Festival will be held at Turf Field at Quinn's Junction on Saturday, Sept. 10, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. This event — which will feature a crossfit hero workout, a yoga Vinyasa flow led by Christa Jutras, a food truck, bounce houses and prizes — will honor the life and sacrifice of Sgt. 1st Class Matthew McClintock, who was killed in action on Jan. 5 in Afghanistan. McClintock's family and friends will be in attendance. For more information call Chrissy Sudler at 407-580-8327 or visit http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-freedom-fitness-festival-crossfit-and-yoga-tickets-26427981805.
Active Shooter Intervention Courses
Creekside Church, 1400 Bitner Rd., will host an active shooter intervention courses on Saturday, Sept. 10, from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. and at 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The courses will answer the questions: What would you do in a public shooting scenario? And are you prepared to be a survivor? The class has the endorsement of local law enforcement and is taught by ex-military. There is no fee, but donations will be accepted to support the efforts of the instructor, Martin Evans. Reservations can be made by contacting Jon Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit http://www.creeksidepc.com/?p=366.
Recycle Utah's Annual Aqua Affair
Recycle Utah, a nonprofit that helps local residents live sustainably, will host its annual Aqua Affair at Deer Valley's Silver Lake Lodge on Sunday, Sept. 18. The event, which will raise funds for the nonprofit's bi-annual household hazardous waste collections, will include cocktails, lawn games and a sustainably sourced plated dinner. Tickets are $175 or $1,500 for a table of 10. for more information or to register, visit http://www.recycleutah.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Shawn Colvin celebrates 30 years of ‘Steady On’ in Park City this weekend
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack