Screening and panel discussion will examine Adrew Heckler’s ‘Burden’
November 2, 2018
Sundance Institute and Windrider Institute will present a free screening of Andrew Heckler's "Burden," at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 3, at the Ray Theatre, 1768 Park Ave.
Winner of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival U.S. Dramatic Audience Award, "Burden" is based on the true story of Mike Burden (Garrett Hedlund), a rising leader in Ku Klux Klan.
Burden attempts to break away from the Klan when the girl he falls in love with urges him to leave for the better life. When the Klan pursues the couple and young son, an African American Reverend. David Kennedy, (Forest Whitaker) takes the family in for protection.
A panel discussion with Heckler and others, including Rev. David Kennedy will follow the screening.
The film is presented in collaboration with he Christian Center of Park City and Utah's MLK, Jr. Human Rights Commission. RSVPs are encouraged. RSVP by visiting screeningofburdenandacommunity.splashthat.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers