The 119th annual Miners Day celebration schedule
September 2, 2016
The 119th annual Miners Day Celebration will be held on Monday, Sept. 5. Here is what’s happening:
• 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. — Pancake Breakfast at City Park presented by St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Cost: $5, children ages 4 and younger eat fro free.
• 8 a.m. — Miners Day 5K starting and finishing at City Park. Bib pickup runs from 7 a.m. until 7:45 a.m. Entry fee is $25 for adults and $15 for youths younger than 18. Strollers are allowed, but no dogs.
• 10:45 a.m. — Running of the Balls on Main Street. Balls are $5 each or five for $20.
• 11 a.m. — Miners Day Parade on Main Street
• 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. — Live music with the Parlour Hounds at City Park
Recommended Stories For You
• Noon to 3 p.m. — Barbecue lunch at City Park
• 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. — Kids races at City Park
• 1:15 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Live music with Soulistics at City Park
• 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Mucking and drilling competition that Skateboard Park parking lot
• 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. — Skateboard Bowl Jam at Skateboard Park
For more information, visit http://parkcityminersday.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Shawn Colvin celebrates 30 years of ‘Steady On’ in Park City this weekend
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack