The 21st Annual Pond Skimming
April 11, 2017
Spring Grüv will present the 21st annual pond skimming contest at noon on Saturday, April 15, at Canyons.
The Pond Skimming Contest is Park City's most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived. Contestants must dress in costume (the funkier the better) as they attempt to cross a 100-foot pond on skis or a snowboard.
The pond and the excitement happen at mid-mountain just outside Red Pine Lodge. Participants must be 10 years of age or older to enter. Spectators will need a lift or gondola ticket to watch.
For information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk