The 21st Annual Pond Skimming
April 11, 2017
Spring Grüv will present the 21st annual pond skimming contest at noon on Saturday, April 15, at Canyons.
The Pond Skimming Contest is Park City's most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived. Contestants must dress in costume (the funkier the better) as they attempt to cross a 100-foot pond on skis or a snowboard.
The pond and the excitement happen at mid-mountain just outside Red Pine Lodge. Participants must be 10 years of age or older to enter. Spectators will need a lift or gondola ticket to watch.
For information, visit http://www.parkcitymountain.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Nonprofits offer free family-friendly film screenings in Park City for Thanksgiving
- Mind hive will be abuzz with Park City-based songwriters
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space