The Fabulous Thunderbirds are ready to rock Park City
Concert will feature blues, rock and soul
December 27, 2016
The Fabulous Thunderbirds bring Texas Roadhouse-steeped musicianship and good time, blues-rock to the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts stage on Dec. 29.
Best known for their platinum certified song, "Tuff Enuff," the T-Birds come to Park City hot on the heels of their latest release "Strong Like That."
Led by smoky-voiced founder Kim Wilson, the band continues to keep it real with blues and a whole lotta soul. The Fabulous Thunderbirds have evolved from their original straight blues band style to incorporate R&B and rock 'n' roll. The band's current members include Jay Moeller on drums, Johnny Moeller and Mike Keller on guitars and Randy Bermudes on bass—with Wilson on vocals and harmonica.
"The Fabulous Thunderbirds has a versatility and energy that transcends generations, reaching back to the time of Muddy Waters and creating a modern sound with deep roots," says Teri Orr, executive director of the Park City Institute, the nonprofit that is producing the show. "They're musicians who are held in high regard by the likes of the Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton. And they're going to put on a rollicking, rocking show. We're excited to have them on our stage."
Park City Institute is a non-profit organization, dedicated to bringing world-class performances and new ideas to the community.
Since 1998, PCI has presented internationally renowned and cutting edge musicians, actors, authors, comedians, dancers, speakers and film at The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, a joint-use facility with the Park City School District.
Recommended Stories For You
PCI is dedicated to introducing young people to the arts through free student outreach workshops, shows and demonstrations. Since 2010, PCI has offered a free after-school literacy program to students in grades one through 12 at the two retail-fronted tutoring hub, the Mega-Genius Supply Store and IQ HQs, located at 435 Swede Alley in Old Town,and at 1153 Center Drive #230G at Kimball Junction.
The organization continues to illuminate with Curiosities evenings and the Saints and Sinners Ball.
Tickets to The Fabulous Thunderbirds are available by visiting ecclescenter.org, or by calling the box office at 435-655-3114.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- Irish pub inspired Alicia Stockman’s new single, ‘The Porter House’
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Utah Film Center will screen former Park City resident’s film ‘Campesino’
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space