The history of The Warehouse
March 8, 2014
In 2000, Summit County buried 18,114 tons of wood waste at the Henefer Landfill and the total more than doubled in 2001.
Much of the waste was usable wood and construction materials that could have been reused or recycled.
So, to address this unnecessary and expensive waste, Recycle Utah started the Good Wood Project.
A few years ago the project was redubbed The Warehouse because it started selling other usable household items and materials in addition to wood, that would otherwise be sent to the landfill.
The goals of The Warehouse are to:
The Warehouse is located at Recycle Utah, 1951 Woodbine Ave. It’s open Mondays through Saturday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The Warehouse is closed on all major holidays. For more information, visit http://www.recycleutah.org or call 435-649-9698.
Trending In: Entertainment
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested