Utah Museum of Contemporary Art will offer free tours
February 15, 2013
The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (UMOCA), located at 20 S. West Temple, will offer a new free tour series with the curatorial staff in the main and street level galleries twice each month.
These curatorial walkthroughs will provide a behind-the-scenes opportunity to experience UMOCA and our presentations of groundbreaking artwork by local, national, and international artists. At the conclusion of the gallery walk, enjoy the opportunity to informally engage the curator with your questions and personal responses.
"The curatorial tours are designed to give people a more intimate look at the exhibition; the reasons for works being in the show, details of what the work are about and why it is positioned between the other artworks." says Aaron Moulton, Senior Curator of Exhibitions. "The last tour was incredibly successful with a great number of people joining us."
The next curatorial tours will showcase "Analogital" in the main gallery on Friday March 8 and Friday March 22 at 6 p.m. Admission is free.
For more information, visit http://www.utahmoca.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)