Utah Museum of Contemporary Art will offer free tours
February 15, 2013
The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (UMOCA), located at 20 S. West Temple, will offer a new free tour series with the curatorial staff in the main and street level galleries twice each month.
These curatorial walkthroughs will provide a behind-the-scenes opportunity to experience UMOCA and our presentations of groundbreaking artwork by local, national, and international artists. At the conclusion of the gallery walk, enjoy the opportunity to informally engage the curator with your questions and personal responses.
"The curatorial tours are designed to give people a more intimate look at the exhibition; the reasons for works being in the show, details of what the work are about and why it is positioned between the other artworks." says Aaron Moulton, Senior Curator of Exhibitions. "The last tour was incredibly successful with a great number of people joining us."
The next curatorial tours will showcase "Analogital" in the main gallery on Friday March 8 and Friday March 22 at 6 p.m. Admission is free.
For more information, visit http://www.utahmoca.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Petra Butler to resign from Park City Board of Education
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading
- Tom Clyde: Accepting that the West is no longer wild