What to do in Park City this weekend: concerts, lectures and movies
January 11, 2019
Badfeather at The Cabin
Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 p.m. – close
The Cabin, 825 Main Street
An inspiring rock quintet out of the greater Salt Lake City area, Badfeather writes and performs original, soulful music. The group’s creative approach to songwriting leaves the listener with a familiar sense of classic rock in its golden age, along with an undeniably fresh take on modern rock n’ roll.
Paws to Read
Tuesday, Jan. 15, 4 – 5 p.m.
Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave.
The Park City Library invites young readers, ages 5-12, to improve their reading skills by reading to a therapy dog in 15-minute blocks from 4-5 p.m. every third Tuesday of the month. The program is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Recommended Stories For You
Voices from the Dust: A Shoshone Perspective on the Bear River Massacre
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 5 – 6 p.m.
Park City Museum Education & Collections Center, 2079 Sidewinder Dr.
Darren Parry, Chairman of the Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation, will discuss Shoshone culture and history including how the relationship with the Mormon settlers started off well and deteriorated over time. He will talk about the Bear River Massacre and how that changed the Shoshone back then and take us to whom they are today. The Bear River Massacre was the largest massacre of Native Americans in the history of the United States and very few people know about it.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Ziegfeld Theater gets its groove on with ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Summit County-based family competes on ‘Family Feud’
- Free Park City Museum presentation digs into historic mining methods in the Park City District
- Yoga lovers will help Kenyan students through the Art of Connection
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Summit Park homeowners take lead in fire mitigation
- UPDATED: Man pleads guilty in wife’s 2017 Park City hotel murder
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools