What to do in Park City this weekend: Firefall, NorAms and Little Naturalists
January 3, 2019
Books2Movies: Peter Rabbit
Saturday, Jan. 5, 4 p.m.
Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave.
The Park City Library and the Park City Film Series are partnering to provide free movies based on books geared towards young people. Peter Rabbit and his three sisters — Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-Tail — enjoy spending their days in Mr. McGregor’s vegetable garden. When one of McGregor’s relatives suddenly moves in, he’s less than thrilled to discover a family of rabbits in his new home.
Saturday, Jan. 5, 7:30 p.m.
Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd.
A renaissance man for the 21st century, Lanier is a computer scientist, composer, artist and author who writes on numerous topics, including high-technology business, the social impact of technology, the philosophy of consciousness and information, internet politics and the future of humanism.
Tony Holiday at The Cabin
Saturday, Jan 5, 9 p.m. – close
The Cabin, 825 Main Street
Vocalist and harmonica player, Tony Holiday. Tony Holiday hails from Memphis Tennessee and is a rising force on the blues and harmonica scene both in the USA & Europe. Winner of Best Blues Band 2016 & 2017 in City Weekly Music Awards (SLC).
Recommended Stories For You
Little Naturalist at the Swaner EcoCenter
Monday, Jan. 7, 10 – 11 a.m.
Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr.
$2 per child; 10 punch card $15
Little Naturalist is the perfect program for 3 to 5-year-olds who are curious about animals, their habitats, the environment, and exploring nature. Twice a month, October through May, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. to read a specially selected nature-themed book, explore the natural world, and complete a craft. Some favorites include snowshoeing on the Preserve, interacting with live reptiles and amphibians and upcycling old materials into holiday decorations.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon