What to do in Park City this weekend: holiday-themed events galore
December 6, 2018
Park Silly Holiday Bazaar
Friday, Dec. 7, 5 – 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 – Sunday, Dec. 9, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Marriott Park City, 1895 Sidewinder Drive
90 vendors were chosen among 200 applications for the annual market. The event will feature arts, crafts, jewelry and clothing vendors, Santa and live music. For information, visit parksillysundaymarket.com.
YouTheatre’s “James and the Giant Peach, Jr.”
Friday, Dec. 7, 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8, 2 & 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 9, 2 p.m.
Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main Street
Tickets $18, children 17 and under $13
YouTheatre will present the musical "James and the Giant Peach, Jr." Based on the children's book by Roald Dahl, the play is about an orphan who finds adventure with a group of singing insects as he deals with his conniving aunts.
Park City Nursery Winter Garden Stroll
Saturday, Dec 8, 2 – 6 p.m.
Park City Nursery, 4459 N. S.R. 224
The public is invited to pet baby camels, donkeys and sheep amongst the Christmas trees and festive surroundings. The event, which is part of the nursery's free monthly garden stroll series, will include hot cider and family photo opportunities. For information, visit parkcitynursery.com.
Hanukkah at Temple Har Shalom
Saturday, Dec. 8, 5:30 p.m.
Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct.
Tickets $45 for adult Temple Har Shalom members, $55 for nonmember adults; $20 for children ages 5 to 18, free for children ages 4 and younger.
Temple Har Shalom invites the public to celebrate Hanukkah, which celebrates the reclaiming of the ancient temple in Jerusalem in the second century, B.C.E. Dinner will be served following the lighting. The menu will feature options for meat eaters and vegetarians. In addition to a dreidel game that will run all night long, children will be able to spend time in an area of their own.
Park City Singers Holiday Concert
Sunday, Dec 9, 7 p.m.
Park City Community Church, 4501 N. S.R. 224
Tickets $12 in advance $15 at the door. Children 12 yrs and younger $5 at the door.
Park City Singers, a local non-audition community choir, will present the first of its annual Christmas concert Sunday. The performances will follow the traditional sequence of an evening of singing with an intermission, but there will be some changes including a vocal arrangement of Pachelbel’s Canon.
Salt Lake Men’s Choir
Monday, Dec. 10, 7:30 p.m.
St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4595 Silver Springs Dr
A Salt Lake City tradition, join the Salt Lake Men’s Choir for their 37th annual Christmas Concert. Ring in the holiday season with this family-friendly music event. The choir sings Christmas music from many genres: classical, swing, contemporary, sacred, humorous, and always with a smile on their faces.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Shawn Colvin, Gallery stroll and Oscar-nominated Shorts
- Temple Har Shalom Scholar-in-Residence to discuss Islam and democracy
- Park City Films to screen Oscar short film nominees
- Three oil painters featured at Montgomery-Lee at Last Friday Gallery Stroll
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)