What to do in Park City this weekend: Kurt Bestor, The Nutcracker and Shannon Bahrke
December 21, 2018
Through Saturday, Dec. 22, 3 – 8 p.m.
The Rockwell Room, 268 Main Street
A pop-up shop featuring local creators will feature more than 40 entrepreneurs that either started their brands in Summit County or are currently stationed here. Each day will feature workshops, industry panel discussions and an “apres hour” that will include live music, food and a cash bar provided by O.P. Rockwell.
“Mr. Christmas” Kurt Bestor
Friday, Dec. 21, – Saturday, Dec. 22, 8 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 23 – Tuesday, Dec. 25, 6 p.m.
Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main Street
Tickets $34 – $50
Emmy Award-winning composer Kurt Bestor — known locally as “Mr. Christmas” because of the extravagant, orchestral holiday concerts he’s performed for the past 31 years in the greater Salt Lake City area — will return to Park City for a five-night run. This year, he and his band will be joined by Provo singer Madilyn Paige.
Ballet West Academy “The Nutcracker”
Saturday, Dec 22, 2 and 5:30 p.m. shows
Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd.
Tickets $20 and $25
115 dancers will feature in Saturday’s run of about 72 minutes with no intermission in this youth performance of Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s classic ballet score accompanied with original choreography by Ballet West’s late founder, Willam F. Christensen.
Shannon Barhke Happ book signing
Saturday, Dec. 22, 6 – 8 p.m.
Temple Har Shalom, 3700 Brookside Ct.
Don’t miss this chance to meet author and Olympic medalist Shannon Bahrke Happe who will be signing copies of her latest children’s book Mommy Why Is Your Hair Pink? And yes, Shannon is bringing along her medals! Mommy, Why Is Your Hair Pink? Will inspire children to discover their unique inner light. As they allow their light to shine, children will find an expression of self that is authentic and bright – even if that expression happens to be hot pink.
Park City Film: “Maria by Callas”
Monday, Dec. 24, 7:30 p.m.
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 4595 Silver Springs Dr
"Maria by Callas" is the first film to tell the life story of the Greek-American opera singer in her own words. Told through performances, TV interviews, home movies, family photographs, private letters and unpublished memoirs, "Maria by Callas" reveals the essence of a woman who rose from humble beginnings in New York City to become an international superstar.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon