2 Kamas women injured in crash | ParkRecord.com

2 Kamas women injured in crash

Patrick Parkinson, Of the Record staff

A South Summit woman with a head injury was flown to University Hospital from the scene of a grisly crash Tuesday north of Kamas, the authorities said.

"It wasn’t as bad as it looked. The car was just totally torn apart," said Terry Taylor, a spokeswoman for South Summit Ambulance. "[The victims] didn’t have to be extricated. We had good access to them."

Tracy Robertson, who is in her 20s, was reportedly driving southbound on State Road 32 when her car was struck by a South Summit man driving a Dodge pickup truck, Utah Highway Patrol spokesman Cameron Roden said.

"[Robertson] was exhibiting an altered level of consciousness," Taylor said about the woman’s injuries.

The crash occurred around 11:39 a.m. and was witnessed by a Kamas EMT, according to Taylor.


Recommended Stories For You

"It was odd because it was a nice sunny day and the roads were dry," Taylor said. "The snow banks are really high and I don’t know if that’s what happened. With the snow banks like they are, it’s pretty hard to see when you’re turning out from a side road."

Jamie Walsh, Robertson’s sister in law who is in her 20s, was riding in the Pontiac Grand Am and injured her leg and back in the crash, Taylor explained.

An ambulance transported Walsh to University Hospital where she was treated and released.

The man driving the pick-up truck, who might have pulled in front of the women, wasn’t injured in the crash and refused medical assistance at the scene, Taylor said, adding that the side of the truck was damaged.

Lanes on S.R. 32 were closed for a short time so a helicopter could land, Taylor said.

South Summit resident Jason Robertson, who is Jamie’s brother, said Tracy Robertson is recovering at her home after she was released from the hospital.

"We are grateful that it didn’t turn out worse than it did. We’re lucky the air bags went off or they probably wouldn’t be here today," Jason said in a telephone interview. "It didn’t take long at all. They were just barely leaving the house and some guy pulled out in front of them."

Neither woman’s injuries are life threatening, he said.

"But it’s going to affect them the rest of their life, I’m sure," Jason said.