Avoiding carbon monoxide | ParkRecord.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Avoiding carbon monoxide

PR

Carbon monoxide sickened eight people Saturday in a Park City duplex. The federal Consumer Product Safety Commission offers tips to avoid or respond to carbon-monoxide sickness, including:

( Symptoms include headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness.

( If someone is suffering from carbon-monoxide poisoning, they should find fresh air quickly, open windows and doors for ventilation and leave the house.

( Install carbon-monoxide detectors, with the commission recommending placing a detector outside bedrooms. Furniture or drapes should not cover the detector.

( Do not use fuel-burning camping equipment inside.

( Do not run a car in a garage attached to a house, with or without the garage door open.

( Avoid servicing appliances that burn fuel without the proper knowledge.

More information is available on the commission’s Web site. Its address is http://www.cpsc.gov. A fact sheet about carbon monoxide is available at http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PUBS/466.html.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User