Back to life on the links
Despite winter’s insistence on lingering this spring, area golf courses have opened to golfers eager to return to the links.
Summit, Wasatch and Salt Lake Counties all offer courses within easy driving distance. There are six courses in Summit County, one in Parley’s Canyon and three more in nearby Wasatch County.
Not only are these courses challenging, but also offer beautiful vistas and unique settings. Among them are award-winning courses, pro-designed courses, two courses that sit in a state park and one housed at an Olympic venue.
Park City Golf Club
-A public municipal course located at Lower Park Ave. – Offers lessons, tournaments and league play. There is a men’s league, women’s 9- and 18-hole leagues and a junior league that compete in tournament play throughout the summer. Golf lessons may be arranged through the course, and costs vary by instructor. Basic rates are $46 for 18 holes for residents with a cart or $32 walking. For non-residents, it is $57 with a cart or $43 walking. Nine holes are $16 for residents and $21.50 for non-residents. Season pass is $990.
– Summer season: May 24-Sept. 29
– (801) 521-2135 or 615-5800, http://www.ParkCityGolfClub.org .
Salt Lake County:
Mountain Dell Golf Course
– Located at 4616 South, Fortuna Way in Parleys Canyon (off I-80)
– 2 18-hole courses, a mountain view and water tapped from a natural spring. Open until early November. All ages welcome. Fee is $27 for 18 holes on both the Mountain Dell Canyon and Lake Courses. Fee is $15 for nine holes on the Mountain Dell Lake Course.
– Head pro: Mike Brimley, Superintendent: Brent Fornelius. (801) 582-3812, http://www.slcgov.com/publicservices/golf/about.htm for more information.
Wasatch Mountain State Park
– Located at 1281 Warm Springs Road in Midway.
-The park features the Mountain course and the Lake course, public courses that combine for 36 holes. The courses are par 72 and nestled in the Wasatch Mountains. The course is very affordable. Cost for 18 holes is $40 with cart or $27 without a cart. Nine-holes is $20 with cart and $13.50 walking. Seniors and juniors rates are $22 for 18 holes and $11 for nine holes. Golf carts are mandatory on the Mountain course.
– Head pro is Craig McKay
– Half for 9 holes
– (435) 654-0532
Soldier Hollow Golf Course
– Located at 1370 West Soldier Hollow Lane in Midway at the cross-country skiing venue for the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games .
– It offers two affordable public courses, each 18-holes and par 72. They are named Gold and Silver to reflect their Olympic heritage. Cost for 18 holes is $40 with cart or $27 without a cart. Nine-holes is $20 with cart and $13.50 walking. Seniors and juniors rates are $35 with cart and $22 without a cart for 18 holes and $17.50 for nine holes with a cart and $11 walking. Golf carts are mandatory on the Gold course. Punch passes and driving range are also available.
– Chris Newson is the head pro
– (435)-654-7442 Private courses:
Park Meadows Country Club
– Located at 2000 Meadows Drive.
– An 18-hole, par 72 private course. Restoration/course improvement project to be completed in summer 2008.
Offerings: There are three levels of membership including, the equity golf membership, equity option membership, social membership and junior membership.
– 649-2460, http://www.parkmeadowscc.com/
Jeremy Ranch Golf and Country Club
– Located at 8770 North Jeremy Road.
– An 18-hole, par 72 private course.
– (801) 531-9000.
Glenwild Golf Club and Spa
– Located at 7600 Glenwild Drive.
– This private course is part of a gated community. Glenwild is a 7,541-yard, par-71 course.
– 615-9988, http://www.glenwild.com .
Promontory- The Ranch Club
– Located at 8526 North Ranch Club Trail.
– Features private,18-hole, par 72 course. Nine holes of a Jack Nicklaus designed will open this summer, course exclusive to members only.
– Although the course is part of a private community, memberships are available without buying a lot.
– (435) 333-4010,
The Tuhaye Golf Club
– Located off of U.S. 40.
– The 18-hole course is private and located within a private community.
The Homestead Resort
Located at 700 North Homestead Drive in Midway.
– Homestead Resort course open to all golfers. PGA Senior Tour Professional Bruce Summerhays-designed course and is an 18-hole, par 72 course that measures 5,091 yards from the forward tees and 7,017 yards from the back.
– Nine-hole fees vary from $22- $33.50 on weekdays and $30- $37.50 on weekends and holidays. Cart fee is $10. Eighteen holes vary from $35-$55 on weekdays and $45-$65 on the weekends. Cart fee is $15. Ladies pay $35 every Monday and seniors may golf for $40 Monday through Thursday after noon. There are also punch cards, private lessons, advance reservations and tournament hosting option available.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Summit County has launched a new program aimed at overturning wrongful convictions.