25k Jobs Initiative to make a stop in Summit County
July 14, 2017
Chamber/Bureau to hold local business tour
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is scheduled to hold a tour of The Spur Bar & Grill on Main Street, featuring the products of local whiskey maker Alpine Distilling. According to the organization's website, visitparkcity.com, attendees will be able to check out the recent renovations made at The Spur and also sample cocktails made with Alpine Distilling's spirits. The tour is scheduled for Wednesday, July 26, from 4 to 6 p.m. at The Spur. Chamber/Bureau members who are interested in attending can register on the organization's website.
Jobs initiative to visit Summit County
The 25k Jobs Initiative, an effort aiming to create 25,000 jobs in rural Utah throughout the next four years, is coming to Summit County. According to the initiative's website, 25kjobs.com, an event highlighting the effort is scheduled for Tuesday, July 18, from 4 to 6 p.m. at North Summit High School. The purpose of the event is to foster partnerships statewide among businesses and communities to explore new opportunities. Organization's participating in the initiative include the Governor's Office of Economic Development, the Economic Development Corporation of Utah and the Utah Department of Agriculture. Visit the website for more information on the website.
Gasoline prices in Utah take a dip
The average price for a gallon of gasoline dropped five cents from last month to $2.49, though that figure remains well above the national average of $2.26. According to a press release from AAA Utah, prices have fallen slightly for consecutive months, but could rise again, along with much of the country. "Gas prices are still the cheapest they’ve been all year, but that could change," said AAA Utah spokesman Mike Blasky in the release. “Prices increased in 31 states this month, so drivers should take advantage of low prices while they can."
Trending In: Business
- Park City’s Freshies Lobster Co. snares title of World’s Best Lobster Roll
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Marketplace: Bambino app connects parents to babysitters
- Marketplace: Former driver brings Ascent Luxury Transportation to Park City
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award