Business Briefs: 3/16 to 3/19
March 14, 2014
Ski for Life Fundraiser scheduled
Canyons Resort is teaming up with the American Cancer Society for their annual Ski for Life Fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, March 29, at the Grand Summit Hotel at 4000 Canyons Resort Dr. This year’s Olympic-themed relay event is now registering team members and taking donations.
As of Thursday, March 18, eight teams and 17 participants have raised $4,515. To register a team or donate online, visit http://www.relayforlife.org/skilayut. All registered team members and individuals will receive a discount of $50 off their ski pass for the day.
Freebirds now open at Junction
Freebirds World Burrito held its grand opening at 1784 Uinta Way at Kimball Junction on Monday, March 10. This is Mark and Chris Beck-McKay of MC Food Service, LLC’s third location.
Freebirds offers burritos and burrito bowls, and its mission is "to feed your belly and soul." It is now open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Westminster offers women free training
Westminster College and the Utah Microenterprise Loan Fund are seeking female entrepreneurs for a free training program, "Revolutionary Banking on Women," the third session of which begins in April. According to a press release, the program helps female entrepreneurs star their own businesses by providing business plan development and access to funding.
The program was launched in 2011 by GE Capital, which will provide 15 scholarships to qualified applicants for the 15-week program. Applications are being accepted online through March 20 at http://www.gecapital.com/en/banking_on_women.html.
Trending In: Business
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Park City Chamber/Bureau Fall Forum builds excitement for upcoming season
- Park City Mountain Resort continues Commitment to Zero by diverting food waste from landfills
- Marketplace: Craig Dell Attorneys offers estate planning to Park City area
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Petra Butler to resign from Park City Board of Education
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Park City road reopens, and customers roll in for lobster
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading