Business Briefs: 3/2 to 3/5
February 28, 2014
Work Services job fair scheduled
The Department of Workforce Services is scheduled to host a job fair on Wednesday, March 19, at the Utah Valley University Wasatch Campus at 3111 N. College Way in Heber from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. Those that would like to attend are encouraged to dress professionally, take résumés and be prepared to talk to hiring representatives.
Both employers and job seekers that would like any further information may visit http://www.jobs.utah.gov or call 435-640-7856.
Park City gets $1.4 million in publicity
Throughout the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, Park City was mentioned several times as Parkites landed themselves on the Olympic medal podiums. According to the Park City Chamber/Bureau, there were over 280 mentions of Park City by athletes and broadcasters during the games.
This led to a publicity value of $1.4 million as calculated by Cision national media monitoring services. This is in addition to the promotional campaign the Park City Chamber/Bureau purchased on NBC in Los Angeles, New York City and Chicago that began on Dec. 26.
Recommended Stories For You
Japan’s Niseko Resort now Epic
On Wednesday, Feb. 26, Vail Resorts announced a partnership with Japan’s Niseko Resort, the first Asian partner for the company. Epic Season Pass holders will now have the opportunity to ski Niseko in addition to the nine Vail Resorts throughout the U.S.
The five complimentary consecutive days at Niseko will be available for the 2014-2015 winter season. According to a press release, Forbes Magazine named Niseko one of the Top 10 International Ski Resorts in 2008, and more recently, National Geographic voted Niseko the best powder snow resort in the world.
Trending In: Business
- Marketplace: Cox Tires provides auto repair to Park City area
- Entrepreneur suggests solution to Park City housing crisis with container homes
- Ikon Pass could increase skier days in Park City and beyond
- Business briefs: Drafts Sports Bar rebrands to serve burgers and shakes
- Deerfield Media, owner of Park City Television, to move corporate office to Park City
- Park City police blotter: Dog barks ‘24/7’
- Sheriff’s Report: Man leads deputies on foot pursuit in Kimball Junction
- Park City police arrest man, saying he took SUV, drove around lot
- Romney skipped Kamas event, but Abraham Lincoln lookalike didn’t
- More than 350 pounds of marijuana seized in Summit County