Business Briefs: 6/14 to 6/17
June 13, 2014
Utah tops Small Business Friendliness survey
For the second year in a row, Utah has been named the top state for business friendliness in the third annual Thumbtack.com Small Business Friendliness Survey. The study surveyed more than 12,000 small business owners across the nation.
Utah tied with neighboring Idaho for the most A+ grades at No. 9 and had the second-highest percentage of businesses in the country reporting they "pay the right share of taxes." The top rated states overall were Utah, Idaho, Texas, Virginia and Louisiana.
‘Pork & Cork’ begins next month
The Goldener Hirsch Inn & Restaurant is scheduled to host its first annual "Pork & Cork" Friday, July 11, featuring wine, live music and a pig roast. Executive Chef Ryan Burnham and Iron Gate Winery will serve the wine and food on the patio overlooking Deer Valley Resort’s Silver Lake Village.
The Alpine Stube lounge will open at 5 p.m. and dinner will begin at 7 p.m. For more information or to book a reservation, contact the Goldener Hirsch Inn & Restaurant at 800-252-3373.
Recommended Stories For You
Resorts to feature Heber Valley cheese
Heber Valley Artisan Cheese, a family-owned and operated creamery, announced several resorts and restaurants on the Wasatch Back will feature Heber Valley cheese on their menus. Deer Valley Resort’s Silver Lake, Snow Park and Empire Lodges are included.
The cheese will also be featured at Sundance Resort’s Foundry Grill, Promontory’s Hearth Grille, Park Meadows Country Club, 350 Main and Squatters Roadhouse and Grill. For more information, visit http://www.hebervalleycheese.com.
Trending In: Business
- Longtime employee purchases Main Street’s Norsk Leather & Fur Inc.
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Business briefs: Stein Eriksen Residences opens restaurant to the public
- The top 5 business stories of the year in Park City
- Main Street businesses disappointed over decision to defund projects to help fund Treasure acquisition
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers