Business Briefs: 7/12 to 7/16
July 11, 2014
Multicultural Commission to meet in Park City
Utah State Lt. Governor Spencer J. Cox and the Utah Multicultural Commission announced they will hold a community meeting on Tuesday, July 15, from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at the Christian Center of Park City located at 1283 Deer Valley Dr. Residents of Summit and Wasatch Counties are invited to attend.
According a Claudia Nakano, Director of Utah Multicultural Affairs, Cox and MCC members would like to provide feedback to the community on issues such as health, education, economic development and corrections. For more information, contact Stanford Kekaucha at 801-245-7210.
New Executive Chef at Waldorf Astoria
The Waldorf Astoria Park City has appointed Ryker Brown as the new Executive Chef at Powder Restaurant. Brown brings 15 years of culinary experience to the restaurant and will introduce new items to the seasonal menus.
According to a press release, Brown will draw inspiration from the Wasatch Mountains and incorporate elements of nature by sourcing and foraging for local ingredients and serving dishes on natural stone and wood. For more information, visit http://www.parkcitywaldorfastoria.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Ski Butlers awarded for ‘excellent service’
Ski Butlers Park City located at 1821 Sidewinder Dr. has received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award. According to a press release, the accolade honors hospitality excellence and is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor.
When selecting the winners, TripAdvisor determines that businesses have maintained an overall TripAdvisor rating of at least four out of five and volume and frequency of reviews. Ski Butlers was founded in Park City in 2004 and serves resorts in Utah, Colorado, California, Wyoming and British Columbia. For more information, visit http://www.skibutlers.com.
Trending In: Business
- Park City businesses celebrate strong season and economy during luncheon
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Marketplace: Rime Raw Bar serves mid-mountain seafood fare near Deer Valley slopes
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights