Business briefs: Applications open for Utah Outdoor Recreation Grant
January 20, 2019
Applications open for Utah Outdoor Recreation Grant
Applications are open for the Utah Outdoor Recreation Grant, according to the Governor's Office of Economic Development. The Office of Outdoor Recreation awards grants to communities in Utah looking to construct or expand outdoor recreation amenities and help boost tourism. The deadline to apply is Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. For more information about the grant, and to access the application, visit https://business.utah.gov/uorg/.
Company reports boosted bookings in December, through winter season
DestiMetrics, a platform from Inntopia that provides lodging metrics for the mountain travel industry in North America, recently reported that bookings made in December for arrivals in that month were up 50.9 percent compared to the previous December. According to a press release, bookings were driven by a fair amount of snowfall throughout the Mountain West, as well as a general decline in the average daily rate of a room throughout the region. DestiMetrics predicts that occupancy will remain high throughout the rest of the winter season. "As we enter the peak ski season months, western mountain lodging is poised for another strong season bolstered by healthy snowfall and savvy rate management," said Tom Foley, senior vice president of business operations and analytics for Inntopia, in the release.
Tourism Day on the Hill set for Feb. 1
The Utah Office of Tourism is expected to hold its 12th annual Tourism Day on the Hill on Feb. 1, according to the organization's website. Those in the tourism industry are invited to attend the event at the Utah State Capitol Rotunda from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event is set to include networking with legislators and other industry members. Those interested in exhibiting at the event can sign up via https://www.utahtourism.org/1287/.
Trending In: Business
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Talisker Club owners purchase building on Main Street for restaurant and lounge
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Marketplace: Corner Store Pub & Grill owner expands with ski rental shop
- Bill White Farms opens new office, event space
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business