Business briefs: Backcountry donates to firefighters on Labor Day
September 9, 2018
Backcountry donates to firefighters on Labor Day
Backcountry, an online retailer with headquarters in Park City, recently donated $10,000 of its proceeds from Labor Day to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. According to the company's website, Backcountry decided to donate because of the large amount of work firefighters have been tasked with over the summer, with fires burning across the Western U.S. The Wildland Firefighter Foundation helps families of firefighters that were killed in the line of duty.
New spa director announced
Stein Eriksen Lodge recently announced that Jaimie Peterson will be the new director of the lodge's spa. According to a press release, she will oversee the spas at the Stein Eriksen Lodge, The Chateaux Deer Valley and Stein Eriksen Residences. Prior to joining the lodge in January, she worked as the assistant director of the spa at The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. She said she hopes to use the spa to enhance people's performance on the Park City trails year round.
Chamber/Bureau to host Fall Mixer
The Park City Chamber/Bureau plans to hold a Fall B2B Mixer and Party on Sept. 26 from 5 to 7:30 p.m., according to a newsletter. The event is set to take place at the Legacy Lodge at Park City Mountain Resort and will include professional development, networking, vendor booths, live music and prizes. Prior to the event, a certified Google trainer will lead two free workshops on Google titled "Get Found on Google Search and Maps," which is set to take place from 3 to 4 p.m., and "Make Your Website Work for You," from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. All members of the Chamber/Bureau and their employees are invited to attend, as well as prospective Chamber/Bureau members. To register, visit the Chamber/Bureau’s event page.
Trending In: Business
- Longtime employee purchases Main Street’s Norsk Leather & Fur Inc.
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Business briefs: Stein Eriksen Residences opens restaurant to the public
- Marketplace: National financial planning firm Elevage Partners comes to Park City
- The top 5 business stories of the year in Park City
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon