Business briefs, Dec. 20-23
December 19, 2014
Record-breaking travel expected in Utah
AAA Utah is expecting the most travelers ever during the holiday season. According to a press release, AAA predicts more than 7.4 million people who live in the Mountain West region to travel, which would represent a 3.2-percent increase over last year. Factors contributing to the rise of travel locally include lower gas prices and the fact Christmas falls on a Thursday, creating a travel season that is longer than that of most years.
Kimball Junction Business Association holds mixer
The Kimball Junction Business Association is holding a mixer on Jan. 8 to introduce businesses to other businesses in the area. According to the association’s newsletter, the mixer will be held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., though the location has not yet been determined. Those who are interested in becoming a member or need to renew a membership can pay dues at the mixer. For more information, visit kimballjunction.org.
Trending In: Business
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested