Business briefs, Dec. 30, 2015-Jan. 1, 2016
December 29, 2015
Coalville resident appointed to influential board
Tom Boyer, a Coalville resident, has been appointed vice chair of the Appraisal Foundation’s Board of Trustees. According to a press release, the national foundation is a leading authority on the valuation profession and "sets the Congressionally authorized standards and qualifications for real estate appraisers." The release states: "This year’s appointees bring a wealth of expertise and leadership experience to the foundation, its boards and the appraisal profession as a whole. Members appointed include recognized professionals in real estate, business valuation, personal property and mass appraisal."
Zions Bank Utah Consumer Attitude Index falls
A more negative outlook on business conditions over the next six months led to a decrease in the Zions Bank Utah Consumer Attitude Index. According to a press release, the index fell 5.1 points, to 108.9, in December. The national Consumer Confidence Index, on the other hand, increased 3.9 points, to 96.5, in the same span. Scott Anderson, president and CEO of Zions Bank, said in the release that the overall economic outlook remains positive: "While consumers’ perspectives on future economic conditions are slightly lower, current perspectives remain very positive. The Federal Reserve’s recent decision to raise rates suggests that we are still firmly on the road to recovery from the Great Recession, and Utah continues to lead the pack."
Utah DABC appoints new deputy director
The Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control has appointed Cade Meier as its new deputy director. According to a press release, Meier will oversee the day-to-day operations of the department. He has 15 years of experience in project and operational management. He has worked as information technology project manager and warehouse general manager at the DABC and is credited with improving process efficiency in a number of areas.
Trending In: Business
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Marketplace: Rime Raw Bar serves mid-mountain seafood fare near Deer Valley slopes
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Talisker Club owners purchase building on Main Street for restaurant and lounge
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods