Business briefs, Feb. 13-16
February 12, 2016
Zanté Spa welcomes a new owner
Loren Kornreich has been announced as the new owner of the Zanté Spa, located at the base area of Deer Valley Resort. According to a press release, Kornreich is a nationally respected spa executive and helped launch Spa Montage at Montage Deer Valley. She has also served as an adjunct professor in the spa management program at the University of West Florida. "I’m thrilled to be joining and continuing to deliver the amazing experiences Zanté has always provided to its guests, and I’m especially excited that this new opportunity and new adventure is still part of the amazing Deer Valley Resort family," Kornreich said in the release.
Kamas Foodtown honored by Zions Bank
Kamas Foodtown, a grocery store, pharmacy and gas station in Kamas, was one of the 15 companies honored as a Top Business by Zions Bank. According to a press release, the awards are designed to highlight examples of excellent entrepreneurship. The release lauded Kamas Foodtown, which has about 100 employees, for making a large economic impact in the community. The store was honored Feb. 5 at Zions Bank’s "Speaking on Business" luncheon. "We commend businesses like Kamas Foodtown for their innovation, commitment to customer satisfaction and use of best business practices," said Chris Redgrave, host of the KSL 102.7, 1160 AM radio program "Speaking on Business," in the release.
Chamber/Bureau to hold after-hours mixer
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is set to hold an after-hours business mixer on Feb. 25. According to a newsletter, the event allows members and prospective members to network with other businesses. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages, including beer and wine, will be provided. The mixer is scheduled to be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Park City — The Yarrow, and will go from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Attendees are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-615-3438.
Trending In: Business
- Vail Resorts boosting efforts to bring visitors from Panama to its resorts
- Christian Center of Park City expands in size and services
- Marketplace: Park City neurologist aims to help athletes reach their peak
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- No Worries Cafe and Grill leaves location, new restaurant fills gap
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Guest editorial: Frustration about rising taxes in Park City is building
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)