Business briefs, Feb. 13-16
February 12, 2016
Zanté Spa welcomes a new owner
Loren Kornreich has been announced as the new owner of the Zanté Spa, located at the base area of Deer Valley Resort. According to a press release, Kornreich is a nationally respected spa executive and helped launch Spa Montage at Montage Deer Valley. She has also served as an adjunct professor in the spa management program at the University of West Florida. "I’m thrilled to be joining and continuing to deliver the amazing experiences Zanté has always provided to its guests, and I’m especially excited that this new opportunity and new adventure is still part of the amazing Deer Valley Resort family," Kornreich said in the release.
Kamas Foodtown honored by Zions Bank
Kamas Foodtown, a grocery store, pharmacy and gas station in Kamas, was one of the 15 companies honored as a Top Business by Zions Bank. According to a press release, the awards are designed to highlight examples of excellent entrepreneurship. The release lauded Kamas Foodtown, which has about 100 employees, for making a large economic impact in the community. The store was honored Feb. 5 at Zions Bank’s "Speaking on Business" luncheon. "We commend businesses like Kamas Foodtown for their innovation, commitment to customer satisfaction and use of best business practices," said Chris Redgrave, host of the KSL 102.7, 1160 AM radio program "Speaking on Business," in the release.
Chamber/Bureau to hold after-hours mixer
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is set to hold an after-hours business mixer on Feb. 25. According to a newsletter, the event allows members and prospective members to network with other businesses. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages, including beer and wine, will be provided. The mixer is scheduled to be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Park City — The Yarrow, and will go from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Attendees are asked to RSVP to email@example.com or 435-615-3438.
Trending In: Business
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Talisker Club owners purchase building on Main Street for restaurant and lounge
- Marketplace: Corner Store Pub & Grill owner expands with ski rental shop
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Bill White Farms opens new office, event space
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business